"And just what the hell am I supposed to do with these?"
"I requested minions of darkness, and you gave me fluffy jellybeans."
Star Trek. Doctor Who. Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter. Marvel Cinematic Universe. Cute animals and occasional politics.
You’re kidding me
aww its a cute gif of a shark trying to bite but his mouth’s too smAHHHHWHAT THE HELL IS THAT SHIT OH MY GOD STOP NO STOP STOP STOP
if anybody is interested in being even more scared: these motherfuckers have been found in most oceans around the world and have existed for over 30 million years
The deep ocean is as close to hell as it gets man, this things a nightmare
I think one of my dorkiest forms of dorkiness is the urge I get near Christmas time to imagine certain groups of favourite characters celebrating Christmas together, even if they come from a setting where Christmas celebrations don’t belong.
Christmas on the Enterprise D, for example. I don’t imagine it on the original Enterprise, or on Deep Space Nine, but gosh would I enjoy a very TNG Christmas. You don’t need that much justification; say Data is doing research into human seasonal festivities and everyone else is humouring him.
- Riker powders his hair and beard white and plays Santa Claus for the Enterprise children. He does an absolutely excellent job and not one of them freaks out and cries. (One of the details from early episodes that I absolutely loved is that not only did Riker take on Picard’s request from the pilot to kind of shield him from the children on board, he knew all their names and was on friendly terms with them.) At the grown-ups’ Christmas party after the children are put to bed he goes into Twinkly Eyed Innuendo Overload and unwisely attempts to play carols on the tuba.
- Everyone expects Picard to hide away in his quarters and have to be cajoled out, but SURPRISE he fuckin’ loves Christmas and spends hours mulling wine from his family’s vineyard (not the best stuff, obviously).
- Worf does Hanukkah instead because lbr his foster parents were so Jewish. He and Geordi, who celebrates Kwanzaa, commiserate. Then Geordi goes off to the Christmas party anyway and Worf is like TRAITOR. (grumbles into beard, spins dreidl)
- Q declares himself Lord of Misrule, appoints Wesley Captain, makes Picard wear a rainbow sweater.
- In other sweater news, Data’s festive sweater sets a new record for woollen awkwardness.
- His reindeer antler headband, however, is quite a success. He looks like a cute twit and gets kissed a lot even when no mistletoe is present.
- O’Brien and Keiko perform ‘Fairytale of New York’ at the adults’ Christmas party, make everyone uncomfortable with the ‘old slut on junk/cheap lousy faggot’ verse.
- Beverly then performs the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy and it is much better.
- Picard makes a moving, eloquent and subtly sentimental speech about peace on all planets and goodwill to all sentient beings.
ahhhhh this is perfect! :D I would pay to see the Data thing omg he would be so confused ahhh~
I can imagine it on DS9. It starts off as Julian’s idea, pretty much because he wants to see Garak in a Santa hat. And also because he is basically a child. He ropes Miles in using the kids as leverage and when Sisko hears about it he becomes obsessed with cooking up a Creole twist on a traditional dinner. Dax is almost as excited about the idea as Julian is, if only because she’s looking forward to Sisko’s cooking. Worf only gets involved because Jadzia makes him. He tried the Hanukkah trick again but apparently it doesn’t work on Trill. Kira is initially sceptical but figures that if her non-Bajoran friends can throw themselves into the Gratitude festival she should join in with this. No one is surprised by how good she looks in an elf outfit. Odo joins in only because Kira called him a grumpypants. Quark spends most of the holiday season trying to make a profit from it but finally goes over board when he tries to get Kira into a a red, fur trimmed bikini. Odo spends the rest of the day trying to keep Kira from breaking his neck, and gets the best Christmas present ever when he has to put Quark in a holding cell ‘for his own protection’.
holy shit dude
If you don’t know Alex, I suggest you read up on him. Because yeah, sure, any parrot can mimic, but Alex was one of the first to prove on many occasions that he understood the meaning behind the words he said.
With that in mind, just think about what he said for a sec. Alex had to understand on some level that death means leaving. That’s fucking mindblowing.
Alex also was shown to have the intelligence of a young child, anywhere from 3 to 5 years old. He could do basic addition and subtraction, and independently taught himself the concept of zero (something that most CIVILIZATIONS couldn’t do!) He had a vocabulary of thousands of words, some of which he made up himself, and had deep interpersonal bonds with many scientists and trainers, as well as other parrots.
Alex the parrot is basically the coolest bird ever.
animals are often smarter than you think. There is/was a gorilla they taught sign language to. And one day she asked for a kitten. they gave her a stuffed animal but she signed sad. She wanted a real one. She was allowed to choose one from a litter.
She named it All Ball and she loved it.
Except one day All Ball escaped from the cage and was hit by a car. And this shows you just how much animals can understand. They signed what had happened but didn’t think the gorilla would understand. But she started making weeping, howling/crying sounds and the signs for bad, sad, etc.
And then “Sleep, cat”. She understood death.
She’s had two kittens since then.
Animals understand more than you think. Depends on the animal, yes.
you know what would be cool? a show about, like, vigilante Victorian prostitutes hunting down Jack the Ripper.
They never did figure out why he stopped killing. And most serial killers don’t stop unless they are stopped. I’m just saying.
HOLY CATS I WANT TO WRITE AND DRAW THIS AS A GRAPHIC NOVEL
OMG THE RESEARCH ALONE WOULD BE AWESOME
"Don’t look," Rachel said to her. She put her arm around Cassie’s shoulder and held her close.
Then she reached for Tobias and took his hand. I guess you never really know someone till you see them scared. And even scared to death, with tears running down her face, Rachel had strength to spare.